Saturday, November 5, 2011

Magic in Our Islands


 I looked up at the waxing gibbous moon last night. The foggy mists of the dark night trailed over her face, like a lace veil.  In that moment, I decided to create this new blog. As a writer, I am compelled to use words to describe the beauty around me. A blog is the perfect vehicle to share it with you, the reader. Come with me, day by day, as I find magic in our islands.

This defintion is from Universe Today.
"A gibbous moon is one of the phases of the Moon, when the size of the illuminated portion is greater than half but not a full Moon.





The period between a first quarter moon and a full moon is known as a waxing gibbous moon, because the illuminated region of the Moon is increasing from day to day."

No comments:

Post a Comment